Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. It would be better for you to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around your neck than for you to cause one of these little ones to stumble." Luke 17:1,2 Alabama has passed such a law--we need your help. Link to the bill HB 216
Audio: Podcasts about the Student Harassment Prevention Act
Hear interviews with Focus on the Family's Candi Kushman, Alcap's Jo Godfrey, Alliance Defense Fund-Tim Tracey etc . There is also a federal version in the making. See links below that will open your eyes to the dangerous agenda. Laws are being passed that are supposed to make schools "safe" from bullying etc. but because of the Kevin Jenning's GLSEN agenda it is being hijacked to open the door and indoctrinate our children into homosexuality instead of addressing the true problems. Please remember to pray for this issue for our children are at great risk and share this information as there is not enough discussion on this issue in the newspapers today.
Please be sure to also listen to future podcasts on this issue. Upcoming is an interview with David Parker (father who experienced the results of this agenda in Massachusetts--his story revealed the truth for Prop 8 in California).
Please pray and then consider these steps and pass it on:
1. Listen to the podcasts and get truly informed on this issue.
2. Read the blog sites (see address below) to understand their plans
3. Go to true tolerance.org and download the pdf file that you can take to your local schoolboards.
4. Present them asap as there is a deadline for the inputs.
Give local school board members a pdf file from truetolerance.org
There will be schoold board trainings at district meetings between Jan 11th and Feb 18th on this.
5. Please make sure to bring this up to PTO and PTA meetings and be there for your local school board meetings.
6. Write letters to the editor on your local papers so more parents would find out about this law.
7. Post it on facebook and share with your friends and family.
There is not much info on this law that was passed at the end of the legislative session but here are info on the internet that will give you a glimpse of the agenda--beware for your children's future is at stake. Simple searches on google on the state's anti-harassment policy and sexual orientation has led to amazing results--here are some to look at and you can probably find more on your own.
GLSEN (Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network-founded by Kevin Jennings) recommends four simple and effective steps that schools can implement to improve school climate and make school safer for every student.
· Adopt a comprehensive anti-bullying policy that enumerates categories such as race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and gender expression/identity. Enumeration is crucial to ensure that anti-bullying policies are effective for LGBT students and those targeted with anti-LGBT bullying.
· Provide staff trainings to enable school staff to identify and address anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment effectively and in a timely manner.
· Support student efforts to address anti-LGBT bullying and harassment on campus, such as the formation of a Gay-Straight Alliance or participation in the National Day of Silence on April 17.
· Institute age-appropriate, inclusive curricula to help students understand and respect difference within the school community and society as a whole.
Above excerpt from:
From Left in Alabama, Revff is looking for Alabamans interested in supporting the inclusion of sexual orientation in new state anti-harassment laws for schools.
Joe Cottle, Director of Government Relations for the Alabama Educational Association is currently seeking of names and contact info (address, phone, email) for anyone willing to be listed in support of a sexual orientation listing
Above is excerpt from this webpage read rest at : http://mediagadfly.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/quick-hit-from-left-in-alabama-sexual-orientation-and-anti-harassment-laws/
This is a REALLY important survey as part of Equality Alabama's safe schools initiative. Basically, we're trying to get the public schools to add sexual orientation and gender identity to their non-discrimination, anti-bullying, and anti-harassment policies. Read rest from http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=311092442
On Kevin Jennings--there is info that talks about what they were caught teaching in Massachusetts which Kevin Jennings saw nothing wrong with but it would make a decent person sick. Massachusetts children have had their innocence taken away in of all places--schools because of same sex marriage passing in their state--but be aware Kevin Jennings is hard at work to realize his dream of promoting homosexuality in all schools. Read more for his national dream may be in the making.
There is a link to remove Kevin Jennings that you can join here from the Family Research Council.
Also here is an awesome site full of legal resources that you should give to your local school board from Focus on the Family:
This is also a website from ALCAP to help young people with problems of today: